Planning a school excursion or social event?
Want to give your students a challenging workout that’s also heaps of fun?
Look no further than Melbourne Cable Park!
We offer special rates for schools. All equipment included. Activity coordinators are available on request.
- Three awesome activities: cable wakeboarding /kneeboarding, Aqua Fun Park, and Climb Melbourne – high-rope adventure.
- All three are suitable for primary and secondary students.
- Kinder Climb (opening late 2017) will be suitable for pre-schoolers, from 3 years old.
Students are encouraged to take part in all of our activities to build their confidence and develop a variety of skills.
These are just some of the benefits our activities offer
- improved wellness and better mental health
- improved flexibility and coordination
- developing motor skills
- building confidence
- dealing with challenges
- social skills – opportunity to recognise and accept personal limitations; teamwork; enjoying group activities; having fun.
Staff – Student Ratios
Aqua Fun Park
- Venue type 1: confined/ shallow & natural water venue
- Venue type 2: deep water (1.5 – 2 m) venue
- At least 2 excursion staff must supervise students involved in swimming activities.
- A teacher employed by the school must be present and have overall responsibility for the activity.
- Lifeguards can only be used for supervision and counted in staff – student ratios if they DO NOT have general lifeguard duties at the venue at that time, and their sole responsibility during the activity is for the students in the program.
- One excursion staff to no more than ten students (1:10) in the water.
- Staff – student ratios and the maximum number of students in the water at any one time will vary according to the levels of risk perceived to be associated with the activity. Age and experience of the students, the experience and qualifications of excursion staff, characteristics of the venue, and the weather & water conditions.
- For students not in the water: 1:20
Climb – high-ropes courses
2 staff: 1 – 24
3 staff: 25 – 36
2 staff: 1 – 12
3 staff: 13 – 18
- You will be met on arrival, and be in constant contact throughout your stay with a Melbourne Cable Park host.
- All staff at Melbourne Cable Park hold a Working with Children Check.
- All staff at Melbourne Cable Park hold a Level 2, First Aid certificate.
- The Aqua Fun Park is supervised by qualified Lifeguards who have Level 2 First Aid qualifications and Lifeguard qualifications and/ or Bronze Medallion certificate.
- First Aid room on site near the Aqua Fun Park and in the Ticket Office located at the Main lake.
- Defibrillator and Oxygen are located on site.
- Safety Briefing will be given by the Lifeguard or Customer Service Manager before the session begins.
- Toilets and change rooms available.
- Showers available at the National Water Sports Centre across the driveway.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bus and car parking available
- Kiosk facilities: drinks; ice-creams; pies/ sausage rolls; (salad rolls on request)
- BBQ facilities can be made available on request.
- Picnic tables with umbrellas
- Separate swimming area for students who are not using the Aqua Fun Park.
Don’t miss out! Book your school excursion today.
1. Fill in the form below with some basic information about your event.
2. We will call you back (usually same day) and confirm availability, pricing and options.
3. We will send you a formal booking confirmation for your review and approval.